Monday 16 January 2012

This has to be quick because it's late but I made another elephant (called Elizabeth) for a friend's daughter's birthday.  I am very proud of her so am posting pics now as I've just finished.  She is a lovely fabric but quite think, and my machine is not holding up so well.  She has vintage buttons for eyes and on her tail.  As a nice little touch she has a gold bell on a velvet ribbon around her neck.


It took me two nights to make as my sewing machine is pants.  Mental note - must finally decide which new sewing machine to buy!



 From the side you can see the velvet ribbon and bell.
 Vintage button on tail (maroon outer with gold rose for centre).


I am proud of this one!  Next steps are to finish off all my pomander and doorhandle hearts, and to do the three other elephants I have to do for people... and then do a babushka doll and some sea creatures.  Phew... going to be busy.


Nikki
-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment