Sunday 22 January 2012

Got my new sewing machine!  V. v. excited.  I was very unsure, but I went to John Lewis and they were very helpful.  It's a Janome DC 3050 and a good all rounder that will last me for a long time I suspect.  I checked that I'd like to do quilting in the future and it's all geared up for that.  I suspect I'll have to buy more feet etc, but it's grand for now.


This is what it looks like:


Source:content.janome.com

I'm not posting my own pic of it, as I haven't even had time to open the box yet (we are having an Ebay listings weekend, selling some of our inherited Edwardian postcard collection - rock and roll...).


It does, like, 50 stitches, I'll probably never use them all, but they're pretty funky:
Source: mysewingmachinereviews.org

I am very excited as I was told by the woman in the store that the machine I'm currently using is "for teenagers, I normally recommend it for 13-14 year olds who aren't really interested in sewing".  I now get why it's been such a pain in the arse.

Asta la vista old machine.

RIP Betty, I suspect she may get reincarnated in a free Ebay listing this weekend...

Nikki
-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment