Tuesday 31 January 2012

Sew... First sewing class tonight, we basically filled out forms and the woman running it is "as mad as a box of frogs" but she is a creative type, so I am being patient and not letting my scientific side dominate.  Let's just go with the flow and let her be as scatty as she needs to be.


I have decided to do a quilt as my first project.  I am going to do a marine/nautical theme and keep it simple.  I will upload my design when I decide on it, but I think it will just be cot bed size (120 cm x 150 cm).  I'm reckoning 12 30 cm squares with a 15 cm panel on each edge.  Then I'm hoping to do some fish appliqued onto it.  I may also do a matching cushion.  I'm going to go with red, white and navy blue colour scheme.


My second aim for the course is to make a dress for work.  A basic one, but a dress all the same.  I need to start hunting for patterns that I like.... and fabric.


I will update you as and when I finalise the design for the quilt and keep posting about the dresses I'd like to attempt to make!


Nikki
-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment