Friday 27 January 2012

So the other day I went charity shop (thrift store) shopping for some fabric and bargain hunting for upcoming projects.  I just wanted to share with you what I found because I'm really excited about what I can make with it!
OK, so not making anything with this, but I found this very pretty snack tray (1950's?) for £2.50.  I'm currently using it as jewelry storage - I think it's fab.u.lous.

Here is an alternate view, it looks just fab on my mirrored dressing table.

This was a duvet cover that I got which effectively encompasses three fabric designs.  I'm thinking that I'm going to use this to hack my Ikea drawers.  I'm currently considering covering the fronts of the drawers - watch this space for updates.

I also got this awesome fabric (and a lot of it) for £10.00 from Primark.  It's actually a double bedding set so I got like 2m x 2m of each design.  There were also a couple of pillowcases.  I'm thinking of making some toys with these as they'll look really funky mixed with some plain red fleece that I have.  I mainly bought this lot for a home made birthday present for my sister.  I have until April to think of something to do with it!

I also got some card making stuff for dirt cheap and a lovely little inspirational book.  All in all I spent £25 and got all of this!  Bargainaceous!

So many projects to do - sew little time!

Nikki
-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment