Wednesday 8 February 2012

TODDLER OAT BARS RECIPE
I went a popular supermarket chain the other day and purchased the wee man some carrot soft oat bars for the hefty price of 2 quid (2 quid, 2 quid, what the is in them? gold??).  However Dylan hoovers them up like they cost about 10p.  I decided today to make some and try them out with him (I am praying that he likes them the same, if not more).


I used the recipe from Kath eats real food but instead of nuts I used ground almonds, I also swapped the salt to bicarb of soda, upped the seeds to 1/2 cup (and chopped them up, I used a mix of pine nuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds), upped the fruit to 2/3 of a cup (he likes his raisins) and added a squidge of honey to the final mixture.

Cutting in to bar shapes.

Final product.


Having now just tasted the recipe, I would up the fruit (1 cup) and the honey (2 squidges!) and maybe drop the bicarb of soda as it makes for a more cakey texture, without it they'll be more flapjacky.


I'm going to try a carrot version of this, will let you know how it goes!


Nikki
-x-

No comments:

Post a Comment